CONGRATULATIONS ON TAKING THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS YOUR AVIATION CAREER
Follow the steps below to apply
- At least 18 years at the time of application
- English Language Proficiency
- Minimum NCEA Level 2 with subjects to include English, Maths and Science. Physics is desirable but not essential
- Any additional tertiary education results
- Supporting documentation with a cover letter telling us about yourself and your motivation and passion to become a pilot
Collect the following supporting documentation:
- Recent NCEA and any additional tertiary education results
- Resume and cover letter
- Copy of your passport
- Log book of previous flying, if applicable. Prior flying experience will only be recognised in part/and if completed in and ICAO approved course. This is subject to review by our Chief Flight Instructor or CAA New Zealand.
Submit your application form and supporting documentation to email@example.com or post to Enrolments, Ardmore Flying School. PO Box 72-744, Papakura, Auckland 2244.
If your application was successful, you will be invited to attend a New Student Selection Day. During Selection Day you will be invited to spend a day at the school participating in group activates, an everyday type maths & logical test and complete an ADAPT test. If you are successful during the first part of the day’s events you will be asked to remain at the school for a formal interview in the afternoon. The cost of selection day is $150.00 which includes the ADAPT test fee and lunch. If you have already completed an ADAPT test, it must be less than 2 years old to be eligible.
If you are successful on New Student Selection Day, you will then need to supply us with your Class 1 medical to be placed on a programme waiting list. When a programme placement becomes available, we will send you a formal offer of placement and training agreement.
Click below for a list of medical examiners:
Accept the Offer of Placement by returning the signed training agreement.
Ardmore will issue you a Confirmation of Placement.
Pay the first instalment of fees as per your training contract. For more information on fees please contact our Enrolments team.
If you are applying for a student loan, as part of confirming your placement on the course you are required to apply online to Studylink at least 2 weeks prior to commencement of programme.
All enrolment processes must be completed two weeks prior to course commencement.
A formal meet and greet will be held the Friday before classes start. Family and friends are welcome. We look forward to welcoming you to the start of your aviation adventure.