Here's What You Need To Know
Information for students
Established in 1961, Ardmore Flying School operates a world-class pilot training facility catering to all levels of pilot training, from basic pilot training to Commercial Pilot Licence, ATPL theory, Airline Preparation and Flight Instructor ratings.
Learn to Fly in Auckland
Auckland is a vibrant multicultural city beside the sea, sprawled between two harbours and two oceans – the Tasman and the Pacific. It offers the best of both worlds – all the buzz, entertainment, nightlife and cultural activities of a big city, as well as an outdoor lifestyle with numerous sporting and leisure activities.
As Ardmore Flying School is accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) as an approved Private Training Establishment (PTE), and by the Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand (CAANZ), we can offer New Zealand Diploma in Aviation qualifications.
Contact us to apply for our Professional Airline Pilots Programme (Diploma in Aviation) and get your Information Pack.
- Be at least 18 years of age before the date of the PPL and CPL flight examination
- Successfully complete the Adapt Trainee Pilot Pre-screening Test
- Hold NCEA Level 2 or equivalent
- Hold an aviation Class 1 Medical
- Meet the Fit and Proper Person requirement for CAANZ
- Be competent in spoken English to meet CAA requirements
In addition, International Students must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Hold Evidence at enrolment of having gained within the last two years:
- An IELTS score of 5.5 or higher with no subpart below 5.0 or the equivalent from another internationally recognised proficiency test.
- Meet other English language proficiency requirements in rule 18.3 of the NZQF Program Approval and accreditation Rules.
There are no hidden costs or surprises at Ardmore Flying School. Our course fees include ALL costs associated with delivery of training including the following:
- Flying fees
- Landing/air way/airport fees
- Programme equipment
- Theory Courses
- Flight and theory tests and examinations
- Accommodation (if you select AFS accommodation in your application)
- Administration fees
International students are also required to pay an international fee, medical and travel insurance cover.
Please contact our friendly, helpful enrolment team for information on enrolment and the cost of your programme.
While pilot training at Ardmore Flying School, we can arrange your accommodation before you arrive. Your accommodation will become your "home away from home" providing everything you need to succeed.
Everything from linen to washing machine, oven to cutlery, beds to table and chairs and tableware are provided. You will find plenty of space for study while enjoying the company of fellow pilots studying as you are. All of this only 5 minutes from the Training Centre.
Peer Assistance Network (PAN)
Aviation can be a demanding industry. The pursuit of licences and ratings is as challenging and stressful as it is rewarding. However, the camaraderie and friendships built in the process means no one need ever go it alone.
If you feel like you need a helping hand, whether it be in the classroom, in the flight deck or just getting through the day, a confidential talk with a peer can make all the difference. PAN (Peer Assistance Network) is here to provide that support. Simply call 0800 NZALPA and ask for member assistance.
Student Support Services
Studying in New Zealand is an exciting opportunity. To make your experience as smooth as it can be, we provide support services, pastoral care and information on everything you need to know about living in New Zealand.
For information, please visit our Student Support pages.