Instructor Rating (C-Cat)
The most popular/traditional pathway to a career in the airlines is by gaining your C-Category ‘C-Cat’ Instructor Rating.
It is the best way to build hours and gain pilot experience and bridges the gap between achieving their CPL and becoming an airline pilot.
This course is designed to develop in each candidate a desire to train and impart upcoming pilots instruction, using training methods that fully integrate safety awareness, critical thinking, sound judgment and threat and error management.
As a graduate of the New Zealand Diploma in Aviation-Flight Instruction, your are eligible to apply for our Internship Programme. This pathway is available to both domestic and international graduates.
Location & start dates
Ardmore Flying School 11 JAN - 15 APRIL 2016
- Class 1 Medical
- Hold a CPL Licence
- Completed 150 hours pilot in command
- Students will be required to attend a test and panel interview to assess their suitability in this role prior to acceptance onto this course.
- Flight navigation
- Air Law
- Principles of flight
- Briefing techniques
- Instructional techniques
- Practical and theory of flight instruction
- Principles of flight and performance
- Cross-country navigation techniques
- Emergency flight manoeuvres
- 25 hours of dual-flight instructor training
- 1 hour of spin-recover training (Fixed Wing only)